Friday 8 February 2013

Cookbook Challenge 2013 - Week 4

I kicked the week off with another recipe from Plenty, and what a recipe! Ultimate Vegetable Couscous was exactly that, the most flavoursome vegetarian dish I have had for a while. Roasting the vegetables with the spices created the most amazing aroma throughout the house, and opening the oven door to check on their progress became almost addictive. Whilst Ottolenghi might have come under some criticism for the number of ingredients (23 if I remember correctly), with a store cupboard like mine this isn’t a problem – I think all I needed were the fresh vegetables. Packed with flavour and so filling it’s easy to forget there’s no meat in this dish!
Thinking back on an awesome weekend in Barcelona made me crave the spicy delights of chorizo, and possibly the heat of the sun (but that will have to wait), so I made Chorizo & Kale one-pot from BBC Good Food. A very easy and tasty dish, just perfect for cold winter days – almost warms you up enough to believe you’re there…well ok maybe not, but a girl can dream!

My final new dish of the week was Yellow Lentil & Coconut Curry with Cauliflower which was a cutting I’d taken from BBC Good Food a while ago and stashed away in my recipe file, another resource not to be ignored! This one was ok, but I think would have benefitted from less water being added – the lentils can only soak up so much and the resulting dish just seemed a little waterlogged.

Recipe Count: 10
Target: 52

No comments:

Post a Comment