Friday 4 October 2013

Cookbook Challenge 2013 - week 40

For various reasons mainly to do with having no time to plan, and making the shopping list while in the pub, this week was a bit light on the new recipe front but I could just about remember the ingredients for Salmon Baked in a Foil Parcel with Green Beans and Pesto from Jamie’s Ministry of Food and so I managed to sneak one in. This was unbelievably easy to prepare, with everything just needing to be placed into a foil package and popped into the oven for 15mins. I boiled some new potatoes as an accompaniment but that again was no great feat. The smell of pesto that filled the kitchen was beautiful and I couldn’t wait to tuck in. When I took the parcels out of the oven I could hear them sizzling but refrained from ripping them open straight away to give them chance to rest and continue cooking for a few moments more. The salmon was incredibly soft and moist, flaking away perfectly and was a brilliant pairing with the pesto. Some of my green beans were a little crunchy but that’s probably because I crammed so many in and didn’t spread them out as thinly as I should have – a note for next time perhaps. A definite winner in our house and so incredibly easy to make, thank you Mr Oliver!

Recipe Count: 128
New Target: 156

No comments:

Post a Comment