Friday 8 March 2013

Cookbook Challenge 2013 - Week 10

Last weekend I really fancied a good curry so I pulled out I Love Curry and salivated over all the lovely looking dishes, before finally settling on a Lamb Dopiaza. The recipe also meant that I got to play with my stick blender (and attachments) again so it was a win-win situation in the kitchen last Saturday. It was fantastically easy to prepare and smelt so good while it was cooking, I couldn’t wait to tuck in! The lamb was so tender it just melted in your mouth, and there was plenty of spice so it had a really nice buzz to it – I will definitely be making this one again, yum!

 
Thanks to my lovely Mum I had a pheasant squirreled away in the freezer that I opted to cook for our Sunday lunch, now last time I cooked pheasant I have to admit it was a little dry so I was determined to avoid that this time around. Having found nothing that took my fancy in my cookbook library I took to Google and trawled the web for a while. I eventually happened upon Pot-roast Pheasant with Chorizo, Butter Beans and Parsley from rivercottage.net, which not only sounded absolutely delicious but also like it wouldn’t dry the bird out. Another plus with this recipe was the fact that it was so simple to prepare and it would look after itself in the oven. I chose to serve it simply with some steamed greens because the butter bean stew sounded ample without adding any potatoes or bread into the equation. It was so good, a really tasty way to use pheasant and I’m always a fan of butter beans…and chorizo for that matter.
 
 
For some reason I made all of my new recipes at the start of this week so as I write this it seems to be a long time ago that I cooked them, but it is bringing back some awesome memories. My final new dish of the week was Il Dentice di Gennaro (Gennaro’s Sea Bream) taken from Two Greedy Italians. This was such an easy way to cook fish and the flavours of the fish, tomatoes, and the olives worked so incredibly well together – it just tasted so fresh and light. I served it simply with some new potatoes and a rocket salad, absolutely scrummy!

Recipe Count: 32
Target: 52

No comments:

Post a Comment