Thursday 6 June 2013

Cookbook Challenge 2013 - Week 22

After a week of feasting on cheese and beer I figured that the health drive should start as soon as we got home, therefore the week involved plenty of fish and vegetables, and since I missed the butchers on Saturday Рit would also be meatless. On the bank holiday I spent the day churning out washing by the bucket load, and racing through the ironing while watching Les Mis̩rables (how apt!) so when it came to the evening meal I was grateful for something quick and easy. I chose Seabass Fillet Parcels with Lemon Couscous from Woman & Home's current issue of Feel Good Food magazine, it was a lovely delicate dish with a zingy couscous which was deliciously strewn with peas. Exactly the kind of detox we needed after our holiday!


My only other new dish of the week was put off several times but we did just manage to squeeze it in, so on Friday night we tucked into Pasta with Mackerel, Marsala & Pine Nuts from Nigellissima. It was a particularly busy evening as it turned out and I was quite impressed that I managed to get it on the table at a decent hour, my husband seemed fairly impressed that I was whipping up three different dishes all at the same time (and fortuitously for me he turned up in time for the washing up – sorry!). I did feel like I was spinning on the spot at times though, chopping something quickly, flinging it in the pan and then turning back to do three other things/dodge the husband trying to make a cup of tea (this is not how I usually roll!). For some reason when I had originally seen this recipe it didn’t really appeal to me, so why make it at all you might ask? I guess I just felt it deserved a fair crack, and my husband does like a bit of mackerel. I was actually pleasantly surprised, I’m not sure if it was the dish or the fact that after a hectic day I was finally sitting down, but nevertheless it was a very tasty dish and, for me the pine nuts were the star here, adding a much needed bit of crunch

Recipe Count: 68
New Target: 104

No comments:

Post a Comment